Here are ten easy steps you can take in your efforts to save on Auto Insurance and reduce your auto insurance premiums.
1. The first thing and probably one of the most important steps in reducing your Auto Insurance premiums is to shop around and compare insurance quotes. Insurance rates can vary quite a bit across different insurance companies for a variety of reasons, including size of insurance company, the type of vehicle, the coverage you are looking for etc. Therefore its very important that you do insurance quotes and compare rates to ensure you are getting the best insurance coverage and at affordable rates. Online Insurance Quote sites have grown in popularity as more persons search for and compare Insurance rates from the comfort of their own homes.
2. Do your research before buying an automobile as this could be the difference between a higher insurance rate and a lower one. Try to find out which cars tend to be targets for theft and vandalism and avoid purchasing those. Purchasing a vehicle with a higher theft rate could result in you paying higher insurance premiums.
3. Try to pay higher deductibles. Your deductible is the amount of money you have to pay out of pocket before your insurance policy pays a claim on your behalf in the event of an accident, theft or other damages. Generally speaking, the higher your deductibles, the lower your auto insurance premiums will be. Start paying higher deductibles and you will save on auto insurance.
4. If you are the proud owner of a home, consider insuring your car and home with the same insurance company. In most cases having your auto and home insurance with the same company can help to reduce your insurance as a lot of insurance companies offer multi products discount, up to 20% discount or more if you insure multiple products with them. Likewise If you have multiple vehicles try to have them on the same insurance policy as most Insurance companies offer multi vehicle discounts or bulk rates, which you can take advantage of if you insure multiple vehicles with them.
5. Try to drive less and by doing so you will also reduce your mileage. If you have an opportunity to walk, car pool or take the subway to work, this can help to reduce your mileage and reduce your auto insurance premiums. When you drive less you increase your chances of qualifying for low mileage discounts. Also remember that the more you drive the greater your chances of meeting in an accident. If you want to save on auto insurance, drive less.
6. Make an effort to stay accident free as your driving record and history of accidents is one of the most influential factors that can impact your insurance rates.,Avoid speeding and avoid traffic violations as the more accidents you have the higher your auto insurance premiums will be.
7. If you are a new driver, consider taking a driver’s training course.A lot of insurance companies offer discounted rates to new drivers who take an approved driver training course within the last 3 years. Therefore taking these courses can help to lower your auto insurance rates. Taking a defensive driving course or accident prevention course can translate into huge insurance savings and help reduce your premiums.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7244137